Friday, March 16, 2007
Tim: Focus
So, er...
What time are we planning to arrive...how do I get my hands on a ticket...etc. ?
Comments:
<< Home
Tim: My legs they are a-hurtin'.
I haven't been up to doing much today. How are you two getting on??
Looking forward to next time, all the same.
I haven't been up to doing much today. How are you two getting on??
Looking forward to next time, all the same.
Steve: Fine thanks, but very tired. Got home about 10-10:30 with slow puncture. Repaired it last night - big thorn. But these are new tires with puncture protection!!!!!
One-off TD concert in April playing their new album dedicated to Syd Barret READ AND WEEP Nice cover though. I just hope there's anough room for them all on the stage.
One-off TD concert in April playing their new album dedicated to Syd Barret READ AND WEEP Nice cover though. I just hope there's anough room for them all on the stage.
nick: I was a bit tired on Saturday night but fine after that, was a great day: well done for Steve for getting the bike all the way from Luton and well done Tim for doing such a long ride after relatively little training.
Went out for a ride this morning and felt OK although it was a bit chilly. I may have to sort out some tights like Steve's, if only for the sake of appearances.
nick
Went out for a ride this morning and felt OK although it was a bit chilly. I may have to sort out some tights like Steve's, if only for the sake of appearances.
nick
nick: can't see your felt bike on the evans web site Steve. Looks like I'll be forced to get a 2007 model at this rate.
Looks like I need an F75. "Affordable yet proficient" it says.
Looks like I need an F75. "Affordable yet proficient" it says.
Steve: I think the key thing here is that (as usual) Nick has a better version of whatever it is (bike in this case) than we do. This gives us the chance to see what better stuff is like without buying it and also to enjoy it vicariously.
Steve: How about this from CTC:
Wheel to reel: You and your bike on the big screen this summer
Would you like to be an extra in our exciting new 60-second cinema commercial promoting cycling and its role in tackling Climate Change, which is being filmed between 3pm and 7.30pm on Saturday 31st March at Devil’s Dyke (near Brighton), Sussex? We need 300 extras for the dramatic closing scene of the film, who would ideally represent a cross section of society; we’d like a good mix of age, gender and ethnicity and we’d also like people in a variety of ‘normal’ clothing as well as cycle kit and on a variety of bikes. If you’d like to be involved please e-mail ctc@saucedesign.co.uk to register your interest. Give a brief description of yourself and what you would plan to wear and we will then reply to confirm exact details for the filming. For more details of the project please visit www.cyclingforchange.com
Wheel to reel: You and your bike on the big screen this summer
Would you like to be an extra in our exciting new 60-second cinema commercial promoting cycling and its role in tackling Climate Change, which is being filmed between 3pm and 7.30pm on Saturday 31st March at Devil’s Dyke (near Brighton), Sussex? We need 300 extras for the dramatic closing scene of the film, who would ideally represent a cross section of society; we’d like a good mix of age, gender and ethnicity and we’d also like people in a variety of ‘normal’ clothing as well as cycle kit and on a variety of bikes. If you’d like to be involved please e-mail ctc@saucedesign.co.uk to register your interest. Give a brief description of yourself and what you would plan to wear and we will then reply to confirm exact details for the filming. For more details of the project please visit www.cyclingforchange.com
nick: Well I think I could be around that weekend, although I'm not sure about being in a product-endorsement situation (even though I might approve of the product). Maybe we could cycle there from London though?
Let's try another web link. On this page it specifically says "Employees can choose from a variety of benefits including health care, life assurance, pension and holidays." Get choosing steve.
Let's try another web link. On this page it specifically says "Employees can choose from a variety of benefits including health care, life assurance, pension and holidays." Get choosing steve.
Steve: Yes what can I say, it's (web site) complete and utter rubbish. BTW income tax will be going down from 22p to 20p next year! And the bike thing is not a commercial venture is it - it's only endorsing cycling?
nick: Bad news for my father-in-law - he has a small pension, and works part time as a caretaker at Exeter University. He pays a small amount of tax at the moment and resents it quite a lot, I think I know where he is in the graph.
And I can bet I know where "lucky Tim" finds himself...
And I can bet I know where "lucky Tim" finds himself...
nick: Looks like they could do with some help to sort out their website. Chance of making a bit of pocket money or getting some free bike kit Tim?
Post a Comment
<< Home

