Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Steve: Easter Weekend
Do we have anything arranged for Easter, especially the Sunday. If not I will be visiting Tracy etc near Bristol. So Tim/Nick? help me out mates.
Went out on my bike Sunday for the first time in about 6 weeks. I wasn't too rubbish actually but shoulders ache afterwards. And the nights are lighter now.
Boards of Canada album is excellent Tim. Paul put on a FSOl single from Dead Cities last night and that was great as well.
Comments:
<< Home
nick: I've got Easter pencilled in as a lads weekend and just checked with Lesley to confirm I'm free, so I reckon you should come to Hampshire.
nick
nick
Steve: How disappointing, you got in first then :) Deborah, hero that she is, didn't mind either way but knew I'd have a preference.
Tim: We're off to Salzburg for Easter. But you can pretend I was supposed to turn up, then ditched out at the last minute. Any help?
nick: OK I'm going to do my best to get out on the bike so I'll be ready at Easter. Who's coming Steve, just you or lads as well?
Did Paul get to Sigur Ros OK? Did he like it?
Really enjoying the Carl Hiaasen, and have ordered another from the library -good one Steve.
Just called the NI people to see if I'm contracted in or out of SERPS or not. The guy who came to our office to discuss pensions said that because I'd been in a company pension scheme at HP, I would be contracted out until I change it. And I read somewhere that you can change your status at the start of the tax year.
The NI people said no, I'm not contracted out - I am in and contributing to SERPS. So that's OK then. If you want to check your own status the number to call is 0845-3021479
Did Paul get to Sigur Ros OK? Did he like it?
Really enjoying the Carl Hiaasen, and have ordered another from the library -good one Steve.
Just called the NI people to see if I'm contracted in or out of SERPS or not. The guy who came to our office to discuss pensions said that because I'd been in a company pension scheme at HP, I would be contracted out until I change it. And I read somewhere that you can change your status at the start of the tax year.
The NI people said no, I'm not contracted out - I am in and contributing to SERPS. So that's OK then. If you want to check your own status the number to call is 0845-3021479
nick: Hmm.. still seems a bit expensive when the last 80minute ones I picked up were 50p each. Mind you they are getting harder to find...
Anyone free on 14th May? Maybe we should be doing this sponsored ride
Anyone free on 14th May? Maybe we should be doing this sponsored ride
Steve: A few things:
I'm definitely back in SERPS as of this finacial year. I couldn't see how you were contracted out when not working for HP!
All of us at Easter.
Paul said Sigur Ros was brilliant - we should've gone, talented musicians playing an array of stuff with real brass backup. Seemed to affect him as much as Kraftwerk.
Hmm Sarah Green is tempting but not as tempting as she was. The first one we'll be doing will be the good old London-Dartford run again, I'll let you know.
Just re-read The Magician by Somerset Maugham. That book Just One Look was very good although the plot was a bit unbelievable.
Samsung printer price went down while I waited for the cheap delivery option so cancelled and re-ordered.
We've been at our house 8 years today and it's still not flipping finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm definitely back in SERPS as of this finacial year. I couldn't see how you were contracted out when not working for HP!
All of us at Easter.
Paul said Sigur Ros was brilliant - we should've gone, talented musicians playing an array of stuff with real brass backup. Seemed to affect him as much as Kraftwerk.
Hmm Sarah Green is tempting but not as tempting as she was. The first one we'll be doing will be the good old London-Dartford run again, I'll let you know.
Just re-read The Magician by Somerset Maugham. That book Just One Look was very good although the plot was a bit unbelievable.
Samsung printer price went down while I waited for the cheap delivery option so cancelled and re-ordered.
We've been at our house 8 years today and it's still not flipping finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tim: Sigur Ros does sound like music to hear live. Why didn't Paul get us tickets??
14th May would be great but I haven't got a bike.
Today's ambiguous headline: BBC used to entice cyber victims.
...But they don't any more?
14th May would be great but I haven't got a bike.
Today's ambiguous headline: BBC used to entice cyber victims.
...But they don't any more?
nick: re: london bridge ride - I hadn't noticed the Sarah Green connection until you mentioned it, just thought a ride with a load of other cyclists on relatively flat ground sounded nice. And Tim, I've got a spare bike!
Just finished "Strip Tease". Really enjoyed it. Started another Harlen Coben (third one I've read) and it's looks like another gripping read although I think maybe he's a bit of a one-trick pony: the stories are very similar.
Saw this on the guardian website, useful material for my essay maybe.
Post a Comment
Just finished "Strip Tease". Really enjoyed it. Started another Harlen Coben (third one I've read) and it's looks like another gripping read although I think maybe he's a bit of a one-trick pony: the stories are very similar.
Saw this on the guardian website, useful material for my essay maybe.
<< Home

