Monday, December 05, 2005
 
Steve:  Weekend
Quick report for Nick's benefit. Great concert with lovely sound as we were only about 5m from the front row of the orchestra and the venue had good acoustics. The odd bum note but generally a very high standard - better than the youth orchestra. The soloist didn't appear to make any errors and you could follow his fingers. I'll watch out for their future concerts.

Bought some more weird albums Sunday and left Tim in London around 4:30 as he went on to the 3rd leg of the shopping marathon.

We'll plan to get to you Saturday late morning after picking up the broom things. 4 of us coming and D plans to bring some food as Lesley is going out but she will email offline. Tim's not available AFAIK.

Comments:
Blogger nick: Well done for going to the concert. Last classical one I saw was at St Martins in the Fields, took my mum for her birthday. We were close enough to the front then to be able to watch the players, and it does make the experience a lot richer. Don't know why I don't go to more classical stuff.

Had the day off yesterday with the aim of preparing my essay - each of us had to give a mini-presentation in class last night on the structure of the essay we're to write over the Christmas break. Mine is on the subject of whether some animals should have the same moral rights as "mentally impaired humans". The lecturer was quite a lot more direct than I had expected: I thought we'd get feedback like "what about developing the argument a bit further in such-and-such direction", but there was more stuff along the lines of "you've got that wrong". So back to the drawing board for some of it, but it made for a good discussion.

I've not heard from Tim since Sunday, you OK Tim? I think he said then that he didn't know if he'd be around. We'll try and lock the cats in a bedroom.

I have been listening to Amiant Otaku and World Receiver at work, mainly because I keep forgetting to MD the other stuff which Tim lent me...
 
Blogger Steve: Tim lent me the new KS specifically so I can bring it to you. Not bad so far.
 
Blogger Tim: Morning, still here. So the Birthday Card didn't turn up then? Dammit.

Can't see that I'll be making it Saturday, sorry. But it'd be handy to keep up with what the arrangements are, just in case.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger