Monday, August 01, 2005
 
nick:  make things right
Was in "Gap" yesterday and they were playing some music over the PA which I recognised, and liked. Thought "must be something I've seen on MTV, Ella probably knows what it is". But she didn't, and when I tried Shazam it was just fading out and so it didn't recognise it. I knew that the hook of the lyric was something like "I only wanna make things right", so stuck that in Google, which said it was the chorus of a song by someone called "Monica". Found plenty of copies of the lyrics on the net, which had a lot of other words besides the hook I remembered, but struggled to find a WAV sample. Eventually came across a couple of 30 second clips: they didn't sound like the right song, but they didn't include the chorus so I couldn't be sure. Had another look in Google, and one of the pages mentioned Lemon Jelly. Of course! it's a track of the new DVD/CD. And the only lyric in the whole track is "I only wanna make things right".

Comments:
Blogger Tim: So... is the lyric a sample of the Monica track...or not?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger