Tuesday, July 05, 2005
Steve: Week Off
Sorry, should've sent this yesterday...
Okay your turn to get those excuses out. Remember that I have a week off when D's at camp? Well it's not far off now so we can line up a couple of days of bike rides and par-3 if you like. The dates are Sunday 24th of July to Friday 29th inclusive. I'll have both herberts with me.
I saw most of Live8 and enjoyed most of it - we were invited to Gill & Richard's to watch it in the garden. Pink Floyd were very good and it was interesting to see Gilmour trying to get off the stage before Waters dragged him back for a bow. Waters was 'emotional' being back with the band.
Comments:
<< Home
nick: Great stuff! Should be up for doing something that week, and you'd be most welcome to come and stay at ours. I think that's the week that Ella is away camping with Guides. I'll confirm dates this evening.
Tim's not back until just after Big Wheel (weekend of 18 July) so unless he's got an internet cafe near him I don't think he'll reply to this entry, but I think we can safely assume he'll be available.
Re: Big Wheel, you can enter on the day if you want, so if it turns out you do fancy it then there is still the opportunity. In fact I've still not sent my entry form off - need to do that.
Ordered a Dell for my brother-in-law, although the lead time is quite long: they've quoted a delivery date of 18-July. Also, despite the fact that I specifically clicked the box saying "no isp contract", it looks like the system comes pre-installed with AOL/Tiscali/BT Internet software, so I may have to spend a while de-installing that. Did you have this Steve?
Tim's not back until just after Big Wheel (weekend of 18 July) so unless he's got an internet cafe near him I don't think he'll reply to this entry, but I think we can safely assume he'll be available.
Re: Big Wheel, you can enter on the day if you want, so if it turns out you do fancy it then there is still the opportunity. In fact I've still not sent my entry form off - need to do that.
Ordered a Dell for my brother-in-law, although the lead time is quite long: they've quoted a delivery date of 18-July. Also, despite the fact that I specifically clicked the box saying "no isp contract", it looks like the system comes pre-installed with AOL/Tiscali/BT Internet software, so I may have to spend a while de-installing that. Did you have this Steve?
Steve: We'd be happy to come down to you as we have before. Exciting prospect thanks.
We had to reinstall our Dell as it locked up a few weeks ago. I didn't uninstall any of the ISP software but then didn't reinstall any of it either! I got a new mouse sent from Dell to fix the pointer jumping to a corner of the screen and the new one still does it. But a proper Microsoft mouse doesn't do it.
We had to reinstall our Dell as it locked up a few weeks ago. I didn't uninstall any of the ISP software but then didn't reinstall any of it either! I got a new mouse sent from Dell to fix the pointer jumping to a corner of the screen and the new one still does it. But a proper Microsoft mouse doesn't do it.
nick: re: mouse jumping - my system at work (a dell, with dell optical mouse) also does this! every so often the pointer zaps to the top left or something. It was particularly bad when I used a mousemat; since taking the mousemat away and just using the desk it doesn't happen so much.
I was going to send you a mail to see if you were OK given the explosion at Kings Cross, but if you're at work then I guess it can't have affected you...
I was going to send you a mail to see if you were OK given the explosion at Kings Cross, but if you're at work then I guess it can't have affected you...
Steve: We're all okay thanks, some had a nightmare getting in and how we get home is another question. No mainline trains, tubes or buses :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home

