Thursday, May 12, 2005
Steve: Commission
I think they got 3-5ooo compensation after 1000 was taken out as commission, so not bad for a small amount of work. I'll probably have another go with someone like that. If you remember I was told the company who sold it (on behalf of Legal&General) has gone. And it was before the law was brought in to 'protect' people. It's no wonder people don't want to give their pension money to outfits like this.
Paul has just got a CD by The Album Leaf - ambient stuff with drums & acoustic guitar, heard of them Tim?
Comments:
<< Home
Tim: I think the company who sold mine is gone too, surprise. But, at a glance (so far), the promotional material I've found from the insurance company is pretty hopeless, so I wouldn't mind having a go at them.
The Album Leaf? Nope, got me there.
The Album Leaf? Nope, got me there.
nick: hmmm, well I've got 2 endowments and Lesley has one, so we could be quids in here!
Only problem is that I don't think it really hurts the insurance companies; they just bung up the premiums so everyone else suffers. prisoner's dilemma...
Only problem is that I don't think it really hurts the insurance companies; they just bung up the premiums so everyone else suffers. prisoner's dilemma...
Tim: If there happened to be an insurance company that was particularly bad at this, and were paying out on a lot of claims, they could put up their premiums...but become less competitive so they'd get fewer customers? So that would hurt.
(By the way, not really prisoners dilemma, but I see what you mean.)
Post a Comment
(By the way, not really prisoners dilemma, but I see what you mean.)
<< Home

